Programming the attiny10 using a uno board.

Hello i have having trouble trying to program the attiny10 for almsot a week now. I searched online i tested many websites. However i couldn't get it to work. I have also tried atmel studios and nothing. I recently came across this website as of this morning here how ot program it using a Uno board. I have tried everything made sure i went over everystep But i got errors coming from it. I will list them below.

Sketch uses 428 bytes (41%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1024 bytes.
Global variables use 0 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 32 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 32 bytes.
2020/12/14 16:28:03 open COM10 The system cannot find the file specified.
2020/12/14 16:28:03 
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
Invalid library found in C:\Users\jJcSystems\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ATtiny4_5_9_10_20_40Programmer_2: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\jJcSystems\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ATtiny4_5_9_10_20_40Programmer_2
Invalid library found in C:\Users\jJcSystems\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ATtiny4_5_9_10_20_40Programmer_2: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\jJcSystems\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ATtiny4_5_9_10_20_40Programmer_2

I do not know what to do now sense I'm not much of a programmer I'm still learning step by step. I relly need help. Can someone please help me In trying to get this programmed pleae?

Joseph

The error is saying you have an invalid library file, the files with the .h extension are missing and it gives you the location it is looking for these files .
I suggest you re install the files required to program the attiny ( google Arduino getting started attiny10).

Start with uploading the blink example first .

The crazy thing is there is no libraries. That link that on there is just a zip file that has a .ino file that is all.
I tried to look at the github page that is part of it. And all on there are just .ino sketch files.

Joseph

Hmmm .. a search suggests this is not easy to program . I’ve never played with these , so I’m no expert , and it appears to need a fair bit of knowledge to sort out . Others like attiny85 would be far easier to use with the Arduino ide .

Eg

http://www.technoblogy.com/show?1YQY

Think I’d buy something else !

Hello i havve looked at that post anad still beyond me on what to do or need to fix.

Joseph

Sketch uses 428 bytes (41%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1024 bytes.= This it mean the program is ok, nothing is missing.
open COM10 The system cannot find the file specified. = Tools - Port, check mark box with - com10.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch = you are not connected to port com10, or wiring problem, bad connection, and the last - attinny is damage, that can happen when you play with wires with power on.

josephchrzempiec:
Hello i found out that i needed to update the firmware of the usbasp programmer i have because it was using old firmware. So i found This website So far it was the best one i saw and showed me tep by step what i need to do and that i can understand. I followed all directions doubled and triple checked everything the last command was to put

./avrdude -C ./avrdude.conf -p m8 -c avrisp -P /dev/cu.usbmodem14101 -b 19200 -U flash:w:usbasp.atmega8.2011-05-28.hex:i

in the command line but change it to match my information. I have put this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin>avrdude -C ../etc/avrdude.conf -p m8 -c avrisp -P COM10 -b 19200 -U flash:w:usbasp.atmega8.2011-05-28.hex:i

When i did that then sent it i get this error message.

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x03

josephchrzempiec:
For this message you wait about 1 minute or longer ? = you have 3 attempts when uno is triyng to talk to attiny but the the last one doesn't listen.

josephchrzempiec:
That mean you are connected to attiny ( correct port) and the problem is in wiring or damage chip.

bad connection ?