Programming Troubles with ATtiny2313

I am attempting to program an attiny2313 and i finally got the damn Arduino as ISP right, and finally got the steps right for applying 0 then 30-5.5v on the attiny2313 then programming within the next 300 microseconds.
Whenever i run the try programming the attiny2313, avrdude runs and completes its program and whatnot, but then it said "verification error: mismatch on 0x00000" and some other things. I think this means that it did not correctly write to the flash on the attiny2313.

i used the correct code to write to the Arduino, with the programmer as: avrsip; the device as: attiny2313; port as: com3; and writing: flash:w:larsonextend.hex

If you posted the full command line (and un-edited error messages) you used, I'm sure the readers could say a bit more than "?".

Doesn't the ArduinoISP simulate an stk500 ?

Fuse settings correct as well ?

and finally got the steps right for applying 0 then 30-5.5v on the attiny2313

“30-5.5v” … what does that mean?

on lady adafruits site, it says to put avrisp if you are using an Arduino as an ISP,

and i meant 3-5.5v my "0" and "-" keys are right next to each other.

that was the full command line entry, and i dont think i need to change the fuses, because the attiny is preloaded with a software that tells the attiny to use its internal oscillator/clock.

I am attempting to program an attiny2313 and i finally got the damn Arduino as ISP right, and finally got the steps right for applying 0 then 30-5.5v on the attiny2313 then programming within the next 300 microseconds. ... and i meant 3-5.5v my "0" and "-" keys are right next to each other.

You're doing what? Powering the ATtiny2313 then trying to start programming within 300 microseconds?

yeah thats even what the datasheet says...

see page 163

yeah thats even what the datasheet says...

Nope. There is nothing in that section about "powering the ATtiny2313 then trying to start programming within 300 microseconds".

If you look on the left side of the page, you will see the words "Parallel Programming". Are you trying to do "Parallel Programming"?

The following algorithm puts the device in Parallel programming mode:

1. Set Prog_enable pins listed in Table 72 on page 162 to “0000”, RESET pin and VCC to
    0V.
  2. Apply 4.5 - 5.5V between VCC and GND.
  3. Ensure that VCC reaches at least 1.8V within the next 20 ?s.
  4. Wait 20 - 60 ?s, and apply 11.5 - 12.5V to RESET.
  5. Keep the Prog_enable pins unchanged for at least 10?s after the High-voltage has been
    applied to ensure the Prog_enable Signature has been latched.
  1. Wait at least 300 ?s before giving any parallel programming commands.
  1. Exit Programming mode by power the device down or by bringing RESET pin to 0V.
    If the rise time of the VCC is unable to fulfill the requirements listed above, the following alternative
    algorithm can be used.

here is the 300 microseconds i was talking about

If you look on the left side of the page, you will see the words "Parallel Programming". Are you trying to do "Parallel Programming"?

i have no idea what type of programming i'm trying to do....i just want to re-program the ATtiny2313 with another program, for this project:

http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarsonscanner

Well, this is how I programm my ATtiny2313:

avrdude -c usbtiny -p attiny2313 -V -B 2 -e -U flash:w:some_filename.hex:i

If you use another arduino as 'ArduinoISP', you'd use something like this:

avrdude -c stk500v1 -p attiny2313 -P /dev/ttyUSB0 -b 19200 -U flash:w:some_filename.hex

If you use the unmentionable OS, you'll probably want to use "-P COM..." instead of "-P /dev/...".

Note that the line quoted “6. Wait at least 300 ?s before giving any parallel programming commands.” say to wait, not start programming within the 300 microseconds.