Programming WS2812 Programmable LED'S on 2 wire?

Hello I'm trying to figure something out programming side of it But i have a Bunch of WS2812 Programmable LED"s pixels. And i was wondering if it would be possible to combine the VCC 5v+ wire with the Digital in pin and program it sending the Signal though the same wire that the Power is connected to. So it be like VCC and Digital in on one Wire and Ground to Ground. Could it be programmed that way?

No. The signal needs specific timing high & low to clock in the data. I'm pretty sure that taking power away on every low would screw that up, especially as the device waits for data to stop being clocked in to update the outputs and updates the outputs after the data line has been Low for >=50uS. But you are certainly free to give it a shot and show otherwise!

Have you tried the Adafruit neopixel library? https://www.adafruit.com/category/168

josephchrzempiec: Hello I'm trying to figure something out programming side of it But i have a Bunch of WS2812 Programmable LED"s pixels. And i was wondering if it would be possible to combine the VCC 5v+ wire with the Digital in pin and program it sending the Signal though the same wire that the Power is connected to. So it be like VCC and Digital in on one Wire and Ground to Ground. Could it be programmed that way?

No, that will not work. WS2812 LEDs require a stable power supply - if you try to send data on the same line, it's trying to drive the +5v line low (ie, to 0v), which would reset the WS2812b LEDs after every bit you send. Of course, it won't actually be able to drive that line low (a wimpy micrcontroller I/O pin trying to drive it low, vs the power supply trying to keep it at 5v) - in fact, you could damage your arduino - if you have a pin connected to Vcc, and then your code tells it to drive that pin low, you will exceed the absolute maximum for per pin current (same goes for a pin connected to ground that is then written high).

Hello Crossroads and DrAzzy

Thank you both for that information. I'm learning something new everyday. Crossroads I'm looking at that adafruit link now. And For DrAzzy i understand what you mean by supplying voltage and trying to send a PWM signal down the same line. It can get confusing and maybe Hurt the Arduino. I was Just trying to see if i can replicate the same thing as This Video Here. Julian videos i watch a lot and learn. He got some Strange 2 Wire Led that no one can find anything on that is a RGB Programmable LED with pulsing the one pin and ground. I thought i can figure out a way to do the same thing with a Ws2812 LED.