Programming Xicors or 12f629

I have a two Xicor x28c64P-20 (v9119 and T9129) and ten 12F629. I have no idea how to program these at all but I figure the Arduino can help. Anyone have any idea? I really don't want to do this by hand. I just started with this Ardunio and don't know much about programming or anything about binary. Any help would be appreciated.

I have no idea how to program these at all...Any help would be appreciated.

Reading the datasheets of those devices would be quite helpful.

It would also help to mention what they are (we aren't mind readers) and what you are hoping to do with them.

dhenry:

I have no idea how to program these at all...Any help would be appreciated.

Reading the datasheets of those devices would be quite helpful.

I read over them but it seems to assume you want to code in binary to get these things to work which there is no way I'm gonna do that. I know the ATtiny has a way of programming with the Ardunio but you need the ISP or whatever its called for it. The ATtiny and ATmega ISP don't seem to work on these. Here's the schematics for these things hopefully this makes more sense to you than it does to me. The pic 12F6629 seem like there is less going on than the Xicors so they might be easier to work with.

Once I get my edited version of the Gardunio well coded I'd like to use these rather than the Ardunio to control it. For now if we can get them to maybe do something simple like the blink example sketch that would work for me. I just wanna see what these are capable of.

The 28c64 is a byte-wide EEPROM; it's not a microcontroller and won't do anything except store data. As you've noticed, it has a lot more pins than an arduino can easily control.

The PIC16F629 is a small, 8-pin PIC microcontroller with a whopping 1k words of flash memory (approximately equivalent to 2k bytes on an AVR) and 64 bytes of RAM (very small.) It is not compatible with the AVRs used in Arduino, and you would need to buy a C compiler for it (or download a "demo" version.) It would not be programmable from the Arduino environment, and it also requires a switched 12V "Vpp" supply for programming, so it wouldn't be trivial to use an Arduino for programming it, even given compilers to generate the code to be programmed.

Your best bet at your current level of expertise probably involves finding someone who would be interested in trading your chips for some AVRs... The 629s are roughly equivalent to an ATtiny13, worth about $1 each. The 28c64 is pretty obsolete.

[quite]it seems to assume you want to code in binary to get these things to work[/quote]

That is definitely the wrong assumption.