Programtically adding static lease to an ADSL modem

I know this is not specifically an arduino programming problem but it is related to one of my arduino projects.

And surely some one has played around with this as part of their arduino home automation project....with a view to accessing the home automation device from outside their home local network.

If it is possible how did you do it and what online references did you use to teach yourself?

Sounds like you want port forwarding as well as a reserved DHCP address. This site will help with port forwarding:

johnwasser:
Sounds like you want port forwarding as well as a reserved DHCP address. This site will help with port forwarding:
https://portforward.com/

I know how to do it through the ADSL modem settings myself. But a user of my irrigation controller probably won't.

So it would be terrific if I could some how do it as part of a custom windows install program or a web page install.

Using Firefox developer edition I can see the post data going back to the ADSL modem, so I have a pretty good idea how to setup a form.

However there is some sort of security token requested from the ADSL modem, when you hit the 'new' (lease) button and sent back to it with the new lease post data.

And this part of the ADSL modem settings is using a popup windows so it is harder to figure out what is going on.

Any idea on this.

The setup apps for home wifi security cameras must do this otherwise how can they be sure about the local ip address of the wifi security camera???

They won't expect the user of their product to manually setup a DCHP lease through their ADSL modem settings.

There is a protocol called "UPnP" (Universal Plug n' Play) which, if it is enabled on your router, allows a LAN device to set up its own port forwarding. There is an Arduino library that might help:

johnwasser:
There is a protocol called "UPnP" (Universal Plug n' Play) which, if it is enabled on your router, allows a LAN device to set up its own port forwarding. There is an Arduino library that might help:
GitHub - deverick/Arduino-Upnp-PortMapping: UPNP based portmapping function for the Arduino

Uhh haaa......I was hoping there was something like that available. And I always wondered what UPnP was about. Will read up on it.
Thankyou very much.