Project: Filtering calls phone

Hi everybody,

I am newbie in adruino technology. I read about and i would like to learn with a usesfull project

The problem to solve: Everyday spamers are calling me at my land line phone. Some times my grandsmother calls me and i don't go to pick up the phone because i think spammers are calling again.

The porject: I would like to build a boxed adruino with two rj11 connectors, a small display and four buttons. I'll place the adruino between the wall rj11 and the phone. The adruino should block the calls that i'll set up in its own black-list using the buttons.

Materials: Two rj11 with the small board allowing to be wired to the adruino. One lcd display. One box for adruino. Four buttons for adruino. The adruino board????

Here is my first question, please help me: I am noticed that there are different models of adruino. What kind of adruino i should buy for getting started in that project???

Thanks.

What kind of adruino i should buy for getting started in that project???

One question mark is enough!!!

Where are you intending to get the data needed to decide whether to block the call, or not?

Have you looked at the Arduinos? None of them come with RJ11 connectors.

I looked into making something very similar, and then discovered that you can buy call blockers for around the same cost as an Arduino. I bought a CPR call blocker which has proved 100% effective at solving the problem. If you're doing this for fun then there's no reason not to go ahead, although I'd consider it an advanced project. But if you're doing it because you just want those calls blocked, I recommend you simply buy a call blocker.

PaulS:

What kind of adruino i should buy for getting started in that project???

One question mark is enough!!!!

Where are you intending to get the data needed to decide whether to block the call, or not?

Have you looked at the Arduinos? None of them come with RJ11 connectors.

Adruino is not comming with Rj11, but i could see some Rj11 connectors within a small board that allow you to wire the pin connerctors of the Rj11 to the adruino pin inputs.

the problem is that i don't know about the communication protocol of the land line. I read that for serial communication you need and special adruino with pin inputs with a max232 behind thats input. So the question...

PeterH:
I looked into making something very similar, and then discovered that you can buy call blockers for around the same cost as an Arduino. I bought a CPR call blocker which has proved 100% effective at solving the problem. If you’re doing this for fun then there’s no reason not to go ahead, although I’d consider it an advanced project. But if you’re doing it because you just want those calls blocked, I recommend you simply buy a call blocker.

Thanks, Peter.

I was googling about and i didn’t find any solution. For sure i didn’t search with the right words.

I follow interested in learn about adruino, but for this purpose i’ll buy the cpr call blocker, just 39 pounds, cheaper than the adruino, i for sure i’ll block the calls faster that if i had to develop it with adruino.

Then i’ll buy the starter kit to go into the adruino world.

Thanks again for the cpr call blocker information, because the spammers are fucking me everyday.

Cheers.

teklas: I follow interested in learn about Arduino, but for this purpose I'll buy the cpr call blocker, just 39 pounds, cheaper than the Arduino, i for sure I'll block the calls faster that if i had to develop it with Arduino.

Wise move.

teklas: Then I'll buy the starter kit to go into the Arduino world.

Definitely.