project for fire department bay doors

hello everyone,
I want to create project for the fire department I work at to automatically open the bay doors when our tone goes off. the bay doors has a RF transmitter to control them. I think ill use the signal that is sent to bay strobe lights to activate the arduino to send a signal to the doors. any guidance or past projects would help.

Thank you everyone

I think that you will need to find out more about the current transmitter, such as it's operating frequency, and any modulation scheme employed.

If it's a handheld transmitter like the one for my building, the transmitter has a simple push button to activate - get a second transmitter and wire a relay in place of the PB -

I would not want to be responsible for a system that was mission critical in an emergency.

Does the same remote command close the door? You will be injecting your non-hardened device into a process that must operate properly.

You will find Arduino cannot be used in what could be described as life threatening situations.

bluejets:
You will find Arduino cannot be used in what could be described as life threatening situations.

Don't know about Arduino as such, but indeed it is a clause in the data sheet of the AVR microcontrollers the Arduino in turn uses.

Isn't it simpler/more reliable to do this in hardware? Signal that sets off the strobes opens latching relay that operate the door opening motors, then when the door is open a switch is hit that then switches off the relay and with it those motors. Indeed no wireless in there, that's less reliable than wires.

Adding two buttons to manually control the doors to open/shut and you're done.

wvmarle:
Don't know about Arduino as such, but indeed it is a clause in the data sheet of the AVR microcontrollers the Arduino in turn uses.

A000066-Arduino-datasheet-38879526.pdf

Down the bottom under "warranties" you can check the terms and conditions of use and non-use.
Typically clause 1.5