Project Guidance, need help please

Hi Guys,

I need some help i want to create a new project which has a arduino motherboard, a camera which would record and then an sd card slot which would contain an sd and the footage would be stored on there, please help me im quite new to this and need to know what components to use and if i need anything else please do let me know , also let me know if something if unclear.

Thanks

What do you want to record? The arduino is unlikely to be able to record more than single frames due to the processing speed required for video.

Weedpharma

Thanks for your reply and i was hoping record 720p video or lower, is there any chance of that?

The Arduino Yun perhaps? But then you can use the Linux part.

The normal controllers are way to slow for something like this... You need a more computer/linux based microprocessor.

Thank you very much, would you just be able to clarify which linux part as this is a bit confusing?

arduino Yun

The Yun has a functioning Linux capable processor.
There must be a way of getting you wish into that, but don't ask me how!
(I'm a raspberry pi man when it comes to linux boards...)

Yes the Yun can deal with video - on the linux side- also openCV etc look in the yun part of the forum.

Mark

Thanks Everyone for your help, its very appreciated :smiley:

holmes4:
Yes the Yun can deal with video - on the linux side- also openCV etc look in the yun part of the forum.

Mark

Also thanks. Maybe i'll take a better look at the Yun from now on...

The Yun also has hardware support for both e-net and WiFi and while slower than a Pi makes up for it be not having graphics/video to support -its a trade off but ... and of course has a dedicated I/O processor.

Mark