PROJECT GUIDENCE

hi, myself Lucky Varghese from India. I am doing a project using arduino dumilanove. i want to know how i can do USB storage in arduino dumilanove? What is the program code needed for it? What are the procedures to be done? Is there any other options for storing data in arduino? :( please help me soon.its very urgent ... :( :( :(

i want to know how i can do USB storage in arduino dumilanove?

USB = Universal Serial Bus. You can't store data on a bus.

You could use a USB Host shield, and attach a memory stick to that, and write a driver to store data on the memory stick and retrieve data from the memory stick. Not a trivial task.

Or, you could skip the memory stick, and use an SD card instead. Much easier to read from/write to.

please help me soon.its very urgent

Waited to late to get started, I'll bet.

luckyvarghese: hi, myself Lucky Varghese from India. I am doing a project using arduino dumilanove. i want to know how i can do USB storage in arduino dumilanove? What is the program code needed for it? What are the procedures to be done? Is there any other options for storing data in arduino? :( please help me soon.its very urgent ... :( :( :(

Hello Lucky,

here's a very quick answer to resolve your very urgent question: You can't do USB storage with the Arduino.

And at the level you ask questions, nothing you will produce in a rushed and urgent manner will work except the most standard applications well covered in tutorials. If you don't find a tutorial for the things you want to do, you won't achieve it without taking some time to learn how the Arduino works and what the limitations are.

As to other options, without knowing what you're trying to do, suggesting other options is a waste of time - yours and ours.

Korman