Project help?

So I'm working on a prototype of my idea. I've made little 3D printer casings and all that. So I plan on using a Attiny85 chip; which I'm very new to. I want my project to be powered by a custom built lithium ion battery. Here's my questions:

Where do you find custom made lithium ion batteries?

Also how would I go about charging and using the electricity of the battery? I would like to have it be charged by a miniUSB port.

I guess what I'm asking is, if any of you know if there is some miniature adapter or something I'd need to include in my circuit that regulates power for the chip. Or if the chip would need to control the process of charging and all of that?

Does this make sense? I feel I'm not making any sense, but hope someone can decode my messy question.

Edit: I found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-Lithium-Battery-Charging-TP4056-Board-5-Volt-Mini-USB-1A-Charger-Module-DIY/181164645863?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D261%26meid%3D184668707811809179%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1088%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D121142550442%26

Would this be exactly what I'm looking for? Also, you see the In+ and In- would that be the ground and vcc for the chip?

This gives me another question, let's say the battery died. The Attiny85 chip loses power. Does this damage the chip? What about turning the power on? Is there some device I would need to add? I'm fairly new to electronics, but am learning fast.

tylerv: I want my project to be powered by a custom built lithium ion battery.

Gosh, that's quite ambitious. Do you have any idea what is involved in making a custom battery?

tylerv: Where do you find custom made lithium ion batteries?

In this context, unless you are prepared to buy your batteries by the million I suggest the answer is that you don't - you find a standard size cell that meets your needs and design your solution around that.

I feel you might be right here.

A dedicated chip is definitely safer. Li-Ion (and Li-Po for that matter) tend to "vent with flame" (i.e., explode) if improperly charged or discharged.

You could do it in software, but you'd really need to know what you're doing. Lithium chemistries are NOT forgiving.

Anyway, as for losing power, no, it will not damage an ATTiny or other Atmega microcontroller.