Project Help

Hello everyone! My group and I are attempting to create a Face Recognition Attendance system and have a few questions. We're building the actual program with Java all while using the Arduino (and ArduCam) to capture the image. Say we get the product running, would there be a way to have the Arduino download the program onto a computer if we have the program loaded onto the Arduino (kinda like a plug-and-play system). The idea is to have a system that anyone can use without having to have something already downloaded onto their computer.

I would just recommend putting the program you want to download onto a USB drive that people can plug in and copy over to the computer.

There is no simple way to download a program from Arduino to PC. You can do things like send data to PC via serial, but not a way to make it plug-and-play and download anything.

There may be very small computers or something similar that can do this (I don't know if this is true, I'd have to look into it), but Arduino likely isn't the best choice to do what you're asking.

kasi3598: I would just recommend putting the program you want to download onto a USB drive that people can plug in and copy over to the computer.

There is no simple way to download a program from Arduino to PC. You can do things like send data to PC via serial, but not a way to make it plug-and-play and download anything.

There may be very small computers or something similar that can do this (I don't know if this is true, I'd have to look into it), but Arduino likely isn't the best choice to do what you're asking.

Thank you! I'll talk to my group about it!