Project LED RGB

Dear Readers,

I’m new and I want know Arduino.

I have a project to realize!

I want make a T-Shirt with LEDs RGB NeoPixel WS2812B as the “Photo 1” 8x8 or more…

I don’t know how it can work…

I want this:

1- T-Shirt :slight_smile:

2- Neopixel 8x8 or more…

3- Arduino to modify the effect of LEDs

4- External Battery “Standard AAA rechargeable”

5- If I make some effects of NeoPixels, after, how can I change the effects? Is there a button?

6- Do I must connect Arduino with NeoPixels and an external charger to power the NeoPixels?
Duration of Battery? For Example 64 NeoPixels powered with 6 AAA Battery

I need for example such as this Video:

For others your feedbacks I hope to receive them by you very soon…

Sorry for my bad English :slight_smile:

Bye

Hello. You can run neopixels on 3xAA, but 4xAAA will last longer before the voltage drops so far that the blue led in the neopixels will not light. But you must never use 4xAA non rechargeable cells, because that would be too much voltage.

Each neopixel can require up to 60mA current. However, you can reduce this by limiting their brightnes. How long do you need the batteries to last? (Do not say "as long as possible")

If you limit each neopixel to 20mA, and each is lit for 50% of the time, then the current will be 64 x 20 x 0.5 = 640mA.

4 x AA cells with 2000mAh capacity should run the LEDs for 2000 / 640 = 3 hours approximately.

Paul

PaulRB:
Hello. You can run neopixels on 3xAA, but 4xAAA will last longer before the voltage drops so far that the blue led in the neopixels will not light. But you must never use 4xAA non rechargeable cells, because that would be too much voltage.

Each neopixel can require up to 60mA current. However, you can reduce this by limiting their brightnes. How long do you need the batteries to last? (Do not say "as long as possible")

If you limit each neopixel to 20mA, and each is lit for 50% of the time, then the current will be 64 x 20 x 0.5 = 640mA.

4 x AA cells with 2000mAh capacity should run the LEDs for 2000 / 640 = 3 hours approximately.

Paul

Thank you for your answer, now I know the duration of LEDs :slight_smile:

Maybe I will use AA rechargeable duracel 1.2V