Project of communication between 5 remote data loggers and a central a by radio

Hi All and thanks for reading me.

I would like to complete the following project :

• 5 data loggers (slaves) based on arduino with about 5 sensors each (low refresh rate)

• Each Data logger is abble to answer to the master and send their data (Once per hour)

• The distance max between Master and slave is 200 meters.

• The master (arduino also) is able to send the data to internet once a day by GSM.

Could you please give me some input based on your experience to start this project.

What kind of shield coud i use for the Master <-> Multi Slaves communication.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Pierrick

Hi, google nrf24l01 arduino

It may be just what you are looking for, the nrf24l01 can be setup as network that would probably be ideal for your application.

Tom... :)

Thank you, it is a good point to start with.

Pierrick

I got my nRF24s working with this Tutorial

I suggest you use the TMRh20 version of the RF24 library - it solves some problems from the ManiacBug version

The pair of programs in this link may be useful. They are derived from a model train control system and can easily be extended so that the master communicates with several slaves, one at a time.

...R

I would also consider using error checking on the data being sent from the loggers. Even a simple checksum would be good - if the master does not get a valid packet of data, it requests it again. The only thing worse than no data is bad data :o When you are working with low power RF signals, they tend to get scrambled or interfered with by all sorts of extraneous other RF noise etc.

The nRF24L01s use a checksum and are acknowledged.

Whandall: The nRF24L01s use a checksum and are acknowledged.

Ah, OK, I had not used them before and was not aware they did have error checking (assuming you check for errors in your code).