Project question

1. Is it possible to
  2. write a small light changing code for RGB LED Spots ( DMX controll ), only from yellow to green
  3. store it in or with the board
  4. and play it from the board as standalone player

if

1. What do i need for
  2. hardware parts
  3. software codes

background: i cannot believe that for a small topic like this, i need a dmx-usb interface, a dmx-recorder, which all proposals from light suppliers contained.

offtopic i am a noob with arduino and programming in general, so i miss a general guideline on your site, what can be done, where are the limits lets say in an overview. everything explained here is fuzzydetailed, so i loose horizon.

I've never done anything with DMX, but if I Googled "Arduino DMX" and I got some promising hits. It looks like there is a DMX shield (plug-in board) available for the Arduino.

i cannot believe that for a small topic like this, i need a dmx-usb interface, a dmx-recorder, which all proposals from light suppliers contained.

Since your lights are DMX controlled, of course they are going to recommend that you get a DMX controller! Their average customer is not going to build their own controller with an Arduino.

Is it a requirement that your light be DMX? There are other kinds of lights that can be controlled to change color, perhaps cheaper (depending on requirements.)

@jwatte yes, i know, but DMX is widely used in business.

@dvddoug thx, i red the website before posting, so i know about dmx-shields theoretical.

but i need an practicle answer