Project to send temperature, humidity etc. to a C# programm per WLAN

Is it possible? What do i need? Im a beginner at his finest. I want to place an arduino in a room and send temperature and the humidity to a PC with a C# program. But the arduino should not be connected with a PC. Is it possible with WLAN or other ways?

What other Arduino projects have You done? What's Your experience in electronics and programming?

Railroader:
What other Arduino projects have You done? What's Your experience in electronics and programming?

I have 3 years experience in C'# and worked a litle bit with arduino. But only small stuff. Arduino LEDs etc. But I want to do it for a Project for my work

I would buy an ESP8266 board (not just chip) and send the info through WiFi. An ESP8266 board is programmed the same way as an UNO there is just different pin connections. The one I used is called "KEYESTUDIO ESP8266 WI-FI Development Board".

I am a noob at this too (not to programming though) and I was able to create an apparatus that monitors our wifi and internet connection and resets the modem and/or router when their connections cant be found. It only took me 1 day.

You will have to do some research and do some tinkering with connecting to your PC and setting up the PC's firewall to allow it.

Have fun.

daverq22:
I would buy an ESP8266 board (not just chip) and send the info through WiFi.

This. You might consider MQTT too.

Not a direct answer, but I have about two dozen sensors and switches around my home that all communicate using MQTT over WiFi. Most of the sensors are on a Wemos D1 Mini (a $5 ESP8266 board) and most of the lights or switches are on Sonoff devices that contain an ESP8266.

Hey,

I want to do a project where I got a ESP8266 with a DHT22 sensor in a serverroom. The temperature and humidity should be send via MQTT to a computer. The computer should show the temperature and humidity i a visual studio C# programm.
Do I need a MQTT broker or can i send it directly to the computer?
Is it possible to do an app with Visual Studio C#? I want to do a windows forms or wpf program
Has somebody made experience with a project like this one?

Thanks for help.

It's certainly feasible. You can use MQTT or send the data directly to the C# app. UDP would be one way to do it.

MQTT has the advantage that you can test your two programs independently, but there's no necessity to use it if you don't want to.

And of course you can build a windows app with C# - it's a Microsoft creation.

wildbill:
It's certainly feasible. You can use MQTT or send the data directly to the C# app. UDP would be one way to do it.

MQTT has the advantage that you can test your two programs independently, but there's no necessity to use it if you don't want to.

And of course you can build a windows app with C# - it's a Microsoft creation.

But I want to use MQTT. :smiley: And how can I send it directly to the C# app?

@moritz2142

Other post/duplicate DELETED
Please do NOT cross post / duplicate as it wastes peoples time and efforts to have more than one post for a single topic.

Continued cross posting could result in a time out from the forum.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

moritz2142:
But I want to use MQTT. :smiley: And how can I send it directly to the C# app?

So which is it? MQTT or direct communication? I'm really no longer sure what you're asking.

wildbill:
So which is it? MQTT or direct communication? I'm really no longer sure what you're asking.

I want to use MQTT. But how can I send the or subscribe the message from the C# program?

Words like "c# mqtt" in an internet search engine will result in hits, that will answer this question being posted all over this site. Now please stop making dups and do your own research.

@moritz2142

Another post DELETED and another moved and merged.

As you seem to have issues with advice from others and myself please take the next 4 days to catch up using the links and advice already given.

Bob.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.