project with solenoid valve nc

hey guys, it is my first time to asking. Right now im in a project on create an automatic purging system for pipelines. but the size of pipelines about 1/4 inch. i want my arduino mega to be a brain to control this automation. my project need 4 solenoid valves nc and a ssr i think. cuz my friend told me that ssr are better than relay. i want to make a timer on arduino so every 5 or 10 minutes the solenoid valve will open and will close again in 3 minutes. also i want to use lcd to make sure i can monitoring about this automation. i put lcd 16x2 with I2c so i can saves a lot of pin. do u think i can make it? and can u give me some advice to help my project? thank you guys. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

xzcircle:
hey guys, it is my first time to asking. Right now im in a project on create an automatic purging system for pipelines. but the size of pipelines about 1/4 inch. i want my arduino mega to be a brain to control this automation. my project need 4 solenoid valves nc and a ssr i think. cuz my friend told me that ssr are better than relay. i want to make a timer on arduino so every 5 or 10 minutes the solenoid valve will open and will close again in 3 minutes. also i want to use lcd to make sure i can monitoring about this automation. i put lcd 16x2 with I2c so i can saves a lot of pin. do u think i can make it? and can u give me some advice to help my project? thank you guys. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

"Do you think I can make it?"

If you have listed all the information you have, the answer is Certainly NOT!

What is the SSR for? Are you using 120 VAC solenoids? Why 4 valves and only one SSR? You can display what you THINK the operation is doing, but you have included no way to actually MONITOR the operation.

More design work is needed.

Paul

sorry. I already change my mind from ssr. Which one is better relay or mosfet for using solenoid valve 12V DC - 8W??

Hi,
A MOSFET N-CH, LOGIC LEVEL.

Something like this;

Tom.. :slight_smile:

Yes, just use a MOSFET for each relay. Very easy to implement that way, and using low voltage makes it a whole lot safer.

Make sure your solenoid is rated for the pressure it has to close off. Also make sure your power supply can handle the current twice over.

Start with getting the LCD screen work.
Then get a single solenoid work.
Adding three more is easy (hardware wise, at least).

Do you want them to open/close all at the same time or independent operation?

wvmarle:
Yes, just use a MOSFET for each relay. Very easy to implement that way, and using low voltage makes it a whole lot safer.

Make sure your solenoid is rated for the pressure it has to close off. Also make sure your power supply can handle the current twice over.

Start with getting the LCD screen work.
Then get a single solenoid work.
Adding three more is easy (hardware wise, at least).

Do you want them to open/close all at the same time or independent operation?

which type MOSFET i should use for solenoid valve 12v dc - 8w ??

hey wvmarle do u know the calculation to make sure my power supply can handle the current twice over?

i want to open at the same time.

how i calculate for my power supply for the all of solenoid valve? thank you

xzcircle

xzcircle:
hey wvmarle do u know the calculation to make sure my power supply can handle the current twice over?

i want to open at the same time.

how i calculate for my power supply for the all of solenoid valve? thank you

Just add the currents needed by each solenoid, add them together, and then times two...