proportional valve

I have this proportional valve

http://www.amazon.com/SMC-Corporation-PVQ13-5L-06-A-valve-proportional/dp/B00DD7UDOA

and I need to control it a current in this range [0; 165mA] at 24V or [0; 330mA] at 12V.

How use arduino to have an interface with this valve?

Two choices: Buy an interface module, going from either 0v - 5v or 1v to 5v on the input to a suitable current driver output. Or you build it yourself using IC's and transistors.

Paul

Google "voltage controlled current source", images. Arduino's PWM out has to be turned into a control voltage first, with a suitable R/C filter. What is the DC resistance of that valve? Leo..

Wawa,

in the datasheet I read only these electrical dates :

Power Supply = V= 24V; Coil Current = I = 0-165mA; Power Consumption = 0-4W.

datasheet: http://content.smcetech.com/pdf/PVQ_EU.pdf

Like I said, you will need a circuit that can take a signal and provide a current drive for the solenoid. You can either have one that takes in a communications data signal or you need to develop an analog signal from your Arduino to then feed into what I suggested, a voltage to current converter.

They are standard devices used in industrial control systems. Buy one and be prepared to spend more than a few pesos. Build one and be prepared for all sorts of fun or frustration.

Paul

Also, the PVQ13-5L-06 is a 24Vdc coil, so don't design with 12Vdc in mind, it needs 24Vdc.

Paul

Do You known a standard proportional electro valve that I can control with a PWM?

There is a million standards, it all depends on the application. You don't go to a shop and say can I have a standard engine and expect the shop owner to know or to guess that the engine you want is for a 1959 Citro├źn 2CV do you ?

Work and design your project the correct way, not upside down.

Yes, there will be many proportional valves that can be controlled via a PWM signal. But, and this is a big but, do not expect many, if any to be able to be connected directly to an Arduino. You will more likely need a circuit that can take a signal from the Arduino and make that suitable to drive the coil on the proportional valve.

Edit: I should say, that even the PVQ13-5L-06 you have will work with PWM if you know how. What ever you do, you will need a current amplifier of some sort. It will not work by simply connecting it to the Arduino, you will most likely damage the Arduino with either overload of current or back-emf.

Paul