I have an electronic match lighting system to ignite fireworks, when a firework match is plugged in I read that the pin goes high (a small amount of current from the arduino doesn't light the fuse). (this lights an LED and tells me i have connected the match properly). I have a shift register controlling a bunch of relays that put 12v from a car battey accross the ignitor to set it off. However, I'm worried that i might fry my input pin, even if its "after" the ignitor. Been looking around, is this my best solution? http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Tutorial/Protection.html Once the match has burnt it breaks the loop.
Would rather fewer components if possible, thinking i could bung a big capacitor between match and pin in?
Quick diagram might help(ish!)
arduino 5v--------------------¦--------match------¦---input pin ¦ ¦ car battery +12v----------relay---- -------car battery -ve