Protoshield for Seeeduino Mega?

I am thinking of getting a Seeeduino Mega, but wondering which (if any) of the existing shields will be compatible for some simple prototyping.

I don't really care about the extra I/O pins, but I need the extra UARTs and I2c port accessible.

I have the Seeeduino Mega and a couple of standard size shields, A telly-video and a prototype shield and they both fit and work fine. The standard Arduino I/O connectors are at the same location as the standard Arduino layout.

What you do have to look out for is that some of the special purpose pins are different from the standard Arduino and the Mega board made by either Arduino or Seeeduino, like I think the I2C pins for one.

Lefty

Thanks Lefty. For my purposes, it's ok if the I2C pins are in different places, so long as I can access them on the shield.

For my purposes, it's ok if the I2C pins are in different places, so long as I can access them on the shield.

That just the problem, the Mega boards move the I2C pins from the standard connector to a new connector that is not one of the standard shield connectors. To make it worst, the Arduino and Seeduino Mega boards have different layouts for where they place the I2C pins, extra serial pins and extra analog input pins, so any new 'extended' shield that can utilize the expanded I/O of the Mega will have to decide which Mega board are going to support, Arduino or Seeeduino. One size fits all shields will not be possible for the Mega world, so I suspect that most of the shield vendors will stay with the standard shield layout.

Lefty