Provide a display driver with a reset to ground without relay from UNO?

Hi,

Probably a very old topic, but my searches couldn't locate an answer to the question for the way I am approaching the matter. Apologies in advance.

Could I take a pin to ground on a display driver to reset the driver by using the LOW output on a UNO - without using a relay or any other (transistor) device?

The UNO and the driver will have common 0V rail, and the driver is running on 5v (however the pic32 on-board the driver is a 3v device). The pull to ground is only momentary.

If the pin was 3v, and taking that 3v to ground, would it still be possible to do from the Uno?

Circuitry for the driver is here

If it is possible, is it just a question of holding Pin(reset) HIGH until needed LOW, then back to rest at HIGH?

Taking a pulled up 3,3V line to GND with a 5V Arduino is fine.
Taking a pulled up 5V line to GND with a 3,V Arduino is NOT.

And first is only fine as long as you ONE change between OUTPUT LOW and INPUT. Don't set OUTPUT HIGH because is will output 5V t the 3,3V device.

Hi Septillion,

Thank you for the reply.

If I understand correctly I should

1. change the pin on the UNO to Input at rest and take the pin to Output LOW to do the reset?
  1. change the pin on the UNO to Input at rest and take the pin to Output LOW to do the reset?

Yes.

Thank you for the concise and rapid assist Septillion. :slight_smile: