proximity sensor (range up to 70m)

is there any arduino compatible proximity sensor range up to about 70m

Please describe the actual use. IE, in a straight line? In a circle? High? Low?

There is unlikely to be any hobby sensors with that range.

Weedpharma

i want to do motion detection or object detection in a straight line ....(range up to 70m)(thanks in advance)

What size object? What type of object? How much movement?

Please give a FULL description of what you want to do rather than have us drag the information out of you.

Weedpharma

The LidarLite laser rangefinder works to about 40 meters.

sorry for the less details ..... i want to make alert sound if someone enter specific area that sensor cover (70m straight line)

Come on, that is not detail.

Are you wanting a "trip wire" alarm when someone passes through a line?

Describe the nature of the area, where the person may enter. What direction will they enter?

Last chance from me. Give detail or I give up.

Weedpharma

i need arduino compatible sensor ...

yes just like the trip wire alarm … but i dont want any physical contact with the person who enter.(i dont want tripwire but some wireless to activate the alarm) i want to use this project in any outdoor area (70m wide pathway)… when someone walks through the line(70m wide), it activates an alarm.

70m is quite a wide area. So I think using lasers is a viable option. Place the laser on one end, and the other end, use a light detector, like a LDR, to detect if the beam has been broken. The detector could be placed in an opaque box with a hole, cutout just enough for the laser beam to enter. Of course, you will need to have a firm mount in order to align the beam and the detector securely.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alarm-Dual-Beam-Photoelectric-Infrared-Detector-100M-Home-Garden-Security-CC-/161933959421?hash=item25b40420fd:g:1U4AAOSwX~dWhT99

Byork:
70m is quite a wide area. So I think using lasers is a viable option. Place the laser on one end, and the other end, use a light detector, like a LDR, to detect if the beam has been broken. The detector could be placed in an opaque box with a hole, cutout just enough for the laser beam to enter. Of course, you will need to have a firm mount in order to align the beam and the detector securely.

thank you so much byork thanks.......

You have to use modulated light.
A simple laser/LDR won't work in daylight.

Problem with lasers it that you can see the light.
A clever dude will just step over the beam.
Use infrared.
Leo..

Wawa:
You have to use modulated light.
A simple laser/LDR won't work in daylight.

Problem with lasers it that you can see the light.
A clever dude will just step over the beam.
Use infrared.
Leo..

Wawa:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alarm-Dual-Beam-Photoelectric-Infrared-Detector-100M-Home-Garden-Security-CC-/161933959421?hash=item25b40420fd:g:1U4AAOSwX~dWhT99

thank you wawa thank you thank you ..its a worth help to me thanks again

himas, see what happens when you describe the project so people know what you want to do.

You now have the answer to your question.

Next time please put all the information in the original question.

Weedpharma

weedpharma:
himas, see what happens when you describe the project so people know what you want to do.

You now have the answer to your question.

Next time please put all the information in the original question.

Weedpharma

thank you ...i got it