Pull down resistor

Hi,

I have two pins as inputs to detect a HIGH but I was having issues with the digital pins flipping back and forth between High and Low without any actual input. After doing some research I learnt that I needed a Pull down resistor connected to ground. So I connected a 10k resistor to each input pin I'm using to the ground.

I got it working as intended apart from now the two output pins that I have going to two LEDs have low voltage and are very dim. I got around this by putting in a transistor with a stronger voltage and using the low from the output pins as the switch.

Is there a better way to do this? Prior to the pull down resistors being installed on the inputs the output pins were very high.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi LarryD, Thanks for the quick reply.

What I Have is pin 10 and pin 7 times two. But for some reason the LEDs only light up very dim. I have them alternating flashing at the moment so only one is drawing at once. Would you have any idea why that would be?

Show us a good schematic of your circuit. Show us a good image of your wiring.

Always show us your current compete sketch. Use CTRL T to format the sketch. Please use code tags. Use the </> icon in the posting menu. [code] Paste sketch here. [/code]