Pulling Data from Arduino Board onto App

Hi,

I am trying to pull data from my arduino board to an mobile app. What will be the best way from the arduino board and wifi module to get data onto an mobile app.

I will have different arduino boards all over Gauteng that will have to pull into one app.

I have thought about using a small server but this will become tricky with the amount of boards I want to link to the app.

I hope this makes sense.

Kind Regards

Stephan

Sounds like a simple matter of having the Arduinos store the data, and the phone calls for it when convenient to do so. The DumpFile example included in the IDE may be all you need. I do it with Bluetooth. I imagine it is quite practical to do it with WiFi, but then it would surely be more sensible to do this with an ESP8266 of some sort rather than Arduino and a WiFi module. I have no idea what you would do with a server - small or large.

I have 4 ESP32's doing their thing around the house all sending and receiving data from a MQTT Broker running on a RPi4.

Idahowalker:
I have 4 ESP32’s doing their thing around the house all sending and receiving data from a MQTT Broker running on a RPi4.

Is your house approx. 18,000 km2? :wink:

gauteng