Pulse Function Help

Components: Arduino Trinket 3v Ultimate GPS breakout Pulse Sensor Amped DHT22 - temp sensor adxl355 - accel for pedometer tft lcd display

I am a beginner with Arduino.

I am designing a device that has a GPS, temp, pedometer, and pulse applications. Everything runs fine separately in it's own sketch. I used code from the libraries I downloaded from adafruit.com to run the GPS, Pulse, temp, and screen. The pedometer code I designed. I combined everything into a finite state machine. I am using a tft LCD display to display a different screen for time/date, temp, pedo, gps, and pulse information.

When I run everything together, the time/date (which is taken from the gps sensor) will display the correct time, but every 5-10 seconds, it will output random number->zero out->correct itself and repeat. After commenting out the bits of code to find what's causing it, i found that it was the interrupt setup used for running the pulse sensor. The GPS also uses an interrupt to operate. So my conclusion was that the two were clashing trying to run an interrupt at the same time.

I have tried using functions that stop all interrupts and start the GPS interrupt back up after using the pulse sensor screen. I have little knowledge and experience with interrupts to know roughly how they work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would guess that the GPS transmits a regular NMEA type sentence, which can be set to occur periodically. So why don't you just set up a serial link, with software serial, and then put an

if (mySerial.available() > 0) { //collect the GPS data }

Using interrupts and timers together often leads to difficult problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How can we help you fix your code when we can't see your code?