Push Button Once to Run Entire Program Once

Hello, I wrote a program on my Arduino Uno to play music in sequence to lights. The code works fine, however I want to add a Push Button to start the program.

I am not too experienced with the coding language. I looked at tutorials online, but all I could find was code for a Push Button that only runs the program while the button is pressed (once I lift my finger from the button, the music and lights stop).

I want to be able to press the button, let it go, and watch the light and music show without having to hold the button down.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

If you can have the cycle execute while the switch IS pressed, it is trivial to have the cycle execute when the switch BECOMES pressed. The state change detection example shows how to determine that the switch has BECOME pressed.

What happens when the switch becomes pressed in the example and in your code won't be the same, but the detection part will be the same.

mjgarrin:
Hello, I wrote a program on my Arduino Uno to play music in sequence to lights. The code works fine, however I want to add a Push Button to start the program.

Show the working code (you have until now and post it within "code tags" in your message and tell us, which pin shall be used for the push button?!