PWM at different voltage?

Hello,

I was trying to PWM with Arduino UNO and took a scope and saw that the PWM were between 5V and 0V.
This is when I use the USB as the source of power for Arduino and seeing the output is at 5V and 0V.

How do I change the 0V to something else? Is it even possible in Arduino to set the low value?

No.

Just using Arduino no.

I think that a simple option is using comparators and a power supply with voltage you need. But you have to take a look to the slew-rate of the comparator.

A typical comparator is the LM193 or LM393. You can search something about them in TI or others.

Another option is using a half H-Bridge, there are many of them. You make it on your own with Mosfets or take an IC.

:wink:

mattsven471:
I think that a simple option is using comparators and a power supply with voltage you need.

But that will not shift the 0V level down will it? Sure it can shift the top level up as they have open collector outputs so you simply pull up the the required voltage but shifting the 0V is much more tricky.

You have to ask why the OP thinks he wants to do this.
When we find out we can point out the proper way to do what he wants to do.

sangraikang:
How do I change the 0V to something else? Is it even possible in Arduino to set the low value?

Why do you need to?

Try telling us what you want to achieve, not what you're doing.

If you run the PWM thru a capacitor, the output could end up looking like a +/- 2.5V signal.