PWM DAC ? turn digitized voice band to audible

Ladies and Gents,

In my project , I am willing to receive voice speech (upto 4k Hz) via a transceiver . Now my confusion is that how can i convert it to Analog via Arduino uno ? so i can feed the analog voltages to an amp + speaker . Is it possible to do it with the PWM in the Arduino Uno ?

I doubt the Arduino's PWM will be acceptable. You can give it a try if you want... I've never tried it and personally I wouldn't bother... You can get "sound" but I don't know if you can get anything intelligible. You'll get better results with an audio shield that has a true digital-to-analog converter.

The Arduino's "analog" output goes from 0 to +5V, so it's not true AC. So if you use PWM, you need to bias your output data at 2.5V, and then use a capacitor to filter-out the DC bias component before connecting to an amplifier. (The ADC input is similar).

I am willing to receive voice speech (upto 4 kHz) via a transceiver

A 4 kHz audio bandwidth (8 kHz sample rate) is "telephone quality". A 4 kHz sample rate (2 kHz bandwidth) might not be good enough.

ya i figured out that 8Khz sampling rate is a telephony quality thats why am thinking of using it . As far as i know its the least quality a person can need. The thing i'm trying to build something similar to a walkie talkie but willing to transmit data dgitally. ADC arduino i think can do the job . But now the DAC is the problem and i dont want to go deep in programming other chips right now i got used to arduino uno. is there any preprogrammed Dac chips available you think ?

preprogrammed DAC?
They're basically a register and some resistors, some with a voltage output buffer.
This one is easy to use

and is available for little money at Digikey.

CrossRoads:
preprogrammed DAC?
They're basically a register and some resistors, some with a voltage output buffer.
This one is easy to use
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/22244B.pdf
and is available for little money at Digikey.

Ok But then i have to write a code for the SPI right at least ?

spi is very easy.
cant do it on smart phone, easy digWrite & spi.transfer commands.