PWM from labview to arduino

Hi everyone! I hope you can help me, I am working in a project where I have to control the velocity of a motor with PWM, but I have to do that from labview, where I must use VISA, don't LIFA or LINX, in labview I will use a slider that I already convert to 8bits unsigned in order to send values of 0-255, those values I can convert to string or ascii, I don't know the best option, well the problem is that I have to make a serial.read in arduino to obtain the values I send from labview, for that reason i don't kwon which is better if ascii or string, and I don't know how can I programme in arduino in order to learn the buffer and send the analogwrite and control PWMs from labview, I always work with lifa, fot that reason I don't know a lot of arduino's programation.

The Serial input basics thread might help.

for that reason i don't kwon which is better if ascii or string

Suppose you PWM value is 134. That is one byte, or three ASCII characters. If clarity (being able to read what you send) is more important, send a string.

If speed is more important, send a binary value.

Keep in mind that if your value changes to 65, that is one byte or two characters, and that if your value changes to 7, that is one byte or one character.

If you are sending strings, you have to have some way of knowing how many characters make up a value. Either you send "007", "065", and "134" or you have to send a delimiter between the values, as in "134, 65, 7,", so you can parse the data on the Arduino side.