PWM generator HELP

Hello, I want to create a single phase full bridge PWM controller (4 pulses) to control 4 IGBT's using a modulating signal (Uref input) , how i can do it? thanks

Could you make a schematic / drawing of it ? Which Arduino board do you want to use ? Which IGBT's are you going to use ?

Is the full bridge needed to control the IGBT's ? or do you want to create a full bridge with 4 IGBT's ?

Peter_n: Could you make a schematic / drawing of it ? Which Arduino board do you want to use ? Which IGBT's are you going to use ?

Is the full bridge needed to control the IGBT's ? or do you want to create a full bridge with 4 IGBT's ?

Uref ---> PWM generator ---> 4 pulses

i use arduino due and i want to creat a 4 signal in order to control a full bridge with 4 igbt/diode

Hi,

Hi, what is your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience? Is this a school/college/university project?

What sort of load is it, watts, volts, current, AC or DC?

Tom.... :)

TomGeorge:
Hi,

Hi, what is your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?
Is this a school/college/university project?

What sort of load is it, watts, volts, current, AC or DC?

Tom… :slight_smile:

this is for a university project, i want de pwm signals to control a full bridge igbt/diode.

You need a chip or circuit to drive the IGBTs. This is an example : http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/84149/h-bridge-driver-circuit

To control it with an Arduino, I think the easiest way is with 4 optocouplers to the 4 IGBTs. I tried to find a schematic, but I could not find it. A positive voltage is needed to drive the gates. That is not easy for high voltages.

What kind of voltages and current is it for ? An H-bridge with IGBTs would most likely be for high DC voltages. For example 350V and few amps.

Peter_n: You need a chip or circuit to drive the IGBTs. This is an example : http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/84149/h-bridge-driver-circuit

To control it with an Arduino, I think the easiest way is with 4 optocouplers to the 4 IGBTs. I tried to find a schematic, but I could not find it. A positive voltage is needed to drive the gates. That is not easy for high voltages.

What kind of voltages and current is it for ? An H-bridge with IGBTs would most likely be for high DC voltages. For example 350V and few amps.

i don't understand sorry... i have a modulation wave( Uref) and based on that wave I want to generate 4 pulses to inject the 4 IGBTs, as I do this? i need the code!

Hi, Can you draw a diagram of what you want out of the arduino/IGBTs. Post a diagram of the IGBT configuration. Are you controlling a motor AC or DC, or another type of load. There are so many ways of controlling speed if it is a motor, frequency, amplitude, PWM. Or are we making a Power Inverter. You description covers so many possibilities, each with its own unique solution. Can you post/attach the actual assignment paper, describing what is needed in this project.

Thanks .. Tom...... :)

Hello, I have diz schematic in MatLab…

I insert a VabcPWM no PWM generator, and select how many pulses will want in this case ( 4 pulses) that i will inject on 4 IGBT.

I want to do a bidirectional ACDC controller, so i want do controll the IGBT’s with PWM

p.PNG

Hi,

diz..........

A schematic of how you are going to connect the arduino to the input signal and to the IGBTs. In other words how you are going to wire it together in the real world, please.

Tom.... :) (hmm diz... fritz... why is it I revert into a fetal position with words ending in "z")

Sorry , i want to say "this" and wrote "diz" by mistake.

I want to all in arduino, create a PWM signals and puts them in IGBT’s

Hi,

A schematic of how you are going to connect the arduino to the input signal and to the IGBTs. In other words how you are going to wire it together in the real world, please.

Tom.... :)