PWM on A0 pin

Hi everyone,

I have a simple question that I couldn’t solve (even after searching thoroughly this forum): how can I work with PWM on an analog pin like A0?

I’m trying with the usual command analogWrite() passing the pin number and a value between 0-255 as parameters, but the led connected to it blinks instead of fading. Anyone know why? Before you ask I tried also with values from 0-1023. Here’s the code:

for(int i=0; i<255; i++) {
    analogWrite(rLed, i);
    delay(delayTime);
    Serial << "The current brightness value is: " << i << "\n";
  }

for(int i=255; i>0; i--) {
    analogWrite(rLed, i);
    delay(delayTime);
    Serial << "The current brightness value is: " << i << "\n";
  }

Thanks,
Tommaso

"On most Arduino boards (those with the ATmega168 or ATmega328), this function works on pins 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 11. On the Arduino Mega, it works on pins 2 through 13. Older Arduino boards with an ATmega8 only support analogWrite() on pins 9, 10, and 11."

If you use analogWrite() on a non-PWM pin you get HIG for values of 128 or more and LOW for values below 128.

That is exactly the result I get.. I guess I will need to write a custom PWM function to make it work.
I'm building a prototype with the Seeedstudio Filmduino and I have only those ports at my disposal.

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me! :slight_smile:

Isn't there a softPWM library already existing?

There is indeed! I should always remember that there's a library for anything... You saved me quite some time, thank you!

Glad to help.