PWM

I want to create a two PWM signal and its inverse o control a full-bridge igbt. I've been researching and what I found was a way to create the PWM comparing a waveform with a triangular wave (carrier) and through this comparison is created the PWM.

My question is whether there will be another way to do this? However I have to use a reference waveform as it is mandatory in my work. thanks

I think we need a bit more information on the project.

What are you doing with the PWM? Why is it related (and how is it related) to the reference waveform?

Weedpharma

If all you need is an inverse waveform, use an inverter.

Regards,
Ray L.

weedpharma:
I think we need a bit more information on the project.

What are you doing with the PWM? Why is it related (and how is it related) to the reference waveform?

Weedpharma

I developed my system in matlab and there to block entry “PWM generator” is a sinusoid “Uref” which is used to compare with the carrier, thus making the PWM signal.

Now to move on to the practice I have to re make the system creating the PWM signals that will control the IGBT’s in Arduino, as I did in Matlab.

Decide whether you want to use the Arduino built-in PWM generators, or you want to do everything in software.

With the comparator approach you can use the Arduino analog comparator, or poll the sine wave on an analog input and compare the voltage in code.

Once you got the signal, you can output it on a digital pin, and its inverse on another digital pin.

DrDiettrich:
Decide whether you want to use the Arduino built-in PWM generators, or you want to do everything in software.

With the comparator approach you can use the Arduino analog comparator, or poll the sine wave on an analog input and compare the voltage in code.

Once you got the signal, you can output it on a digital pin, and its inverse on another digital pin.

I poll the sine wave ( reference) an analog input of arduino, but i want to compare with a triangular wave (carrier) to get the PWM signal. But this triangular wave I who create or Arduino is automatically?

Please provide a diagram how you want to combine the sine and triangle wave into a PWM signal. Looks like a XY problem to me.