Python - pip

Hi all, I found an old topic that explain how to install pip installer on the yun board.
The topic Is now closed so i can't writer there but the instruction in the topic doesn't work for me. Someone knows how can i install pip on yun?

In the topic there was an external link with instruction:

I tried but got:
root@Arduino:~# opkg install python-openssl
Package python-openssl (2.7.3-2) installed in root is up to date.
root@Arduino:~# easy_install pip
Searching for pip
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/pip/
Couldn't find index page for 'pip' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/
No local packages or download links found for pip
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('pip')
root@Arduino:~# pip
-ash: pip: not found

Amy ideas?

Hello, I had the same issue on older YUN and when i first tried to install pip I got terminal message that said I should use version 20.3.1. so here is a copy of the puTTY scripts that worked for me. It hasn't solved a TWILIO install yet but I believe pip is working. My board name is CYun. As an aside, I am also at a loss for how to upgrade python from 2.7 as the service is telling me that 2.7 is insecure and abandoned as of Jan 2020. A little feedback might give me confidence that I am making some progress. I already had python-openssl installed. Hope this helps.

root@CYun:~# opkg update
root@CYun:~# wget https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/pip/pip-20.3.1.tar.gz --no-check-certificate

root@CYun:~# easy_install pip
Searching for pip
Best match: pip 20.3.1
Processing pip-20.3.1-py2.7.egg
pip 20.3.1 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
Installing pip script to /usr/bin
Installing pip2.7 script to /usr/bin
Installing pip2 script to /usr/bin

Using /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip-20.3.1-py2.7.egg
Processing dependencies for pip
Finished processing dependencies for pip

root@CYun:~# pip install --target /mnt/sda1/python-packages twilio

Thank you! the --insecure resolved the problem.

Pip installed!

For python version, i read somewhere that version 3.x doesn't run on yun :frowning:

Great.
FWIW, If anyone is searching for Twilio install thread. I have been unable to get Twilio to install on either of the two old units I have. I was fortunate to have an original YUN (#1) with Twilio installed that worked, and has flawlessly for four years. My subscription renews for a few $$ when needed. So I know it (#1) works as I get calls when the monitored gear goes down.
Frustrated for days, I opened a WinSCP to the working Yun (#1) and downloaded all the files in the /mnt/sda1/python-packages directory to my Windows folder for that unit. Booted the replacement unit, (#2) added the line 'export PYTHONPATH=/mnt/sda1/python-packages" to **/etc/profiles **booted again and then using WinSCP copied over the contents of /python-packages directory to the new YUN at /mnt/sda1/python-packages and rebooted it. Ran a sketch with the proper python call and it worked.

python-packages.jpg

python-packages.jpg