Quadcopter Questions (Propellers and ESCs)

I've been looking at this (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=2069) motor for use in a possible quadcopter project.
I need to know:

• What type(s) of props to get. I know that they should be 8x3.8. I'm not sure if I should get two of one (type/direction) and two of another, or all four of one type.

• What ESCs to get, or is there a cheaper alternative to ESCs?

Perhaps you would be better served by asking folks who are familiar with quadcopter design. I'd try DIYDrones.com, particularly ArduCopter User Group - diydrones

Thank you. I will try there.

What you are asking sounds simple on the surface, but in fact is probably the most difficult to answer for any design question concerning your Quad. Why, because it all interrelated to things like how heavy will the final completed Quad be, that will determine how much thrust you require (plus added reserve thrust) which will then dictate the prop size and pitch selection which will then help determine the motor power and rpm required which in turn will point to the correct ESC rating.

So by all means seek out experience Quad users to help steer you in the correct combination you will require. You can't 'wing it' on these important selection specifications if you want any chance at all for a successful aircraft.

Yes, thank you. I have switched my questions over to the AeroQuad forums.