Quadcopter using Arduino pro mini

Hello everyone I am trying to build a quadcopter using Arduino pro mini. I have been through many tutorials and many pdfs. Here is my project idea: I want to build a mini quadcopter with camera. The main purpose of that camera would be to map the surroundings and store in the external memory on the Board. The quadcopter will fly from the initial that it will map its surrounding so that it can return to its initial point without any support.

The quadcopter would NOT be controlled by any RF controller, it will have stored the whole path in the memory. To return to the Initial point, it will access its memory and find the path.

I need to know about all the components and where i can buy them. If anyone has their experience, please do share. If anyone has anything to help , please write me at [u]MODERATOR EDIT[/u] or post here

thank you

You want to build a drone which flies autonomously without any manual radio control ? How do you intend to achieve that? By using a GPS navigation system and defining a trajectory or flight path based on spatial coordinates or how ?

I am trying to build a quadcopter using Arduino pro mini

Stop right now. This project is too complicated and potentially dangerous. Depending on where you are located it may also be illegal. It is certainly unwise without a great deal of knowledge and experience.

@6v6gt: thank for the reply. Yes, I am looking for a autonomous quadcopter. Initially, I want quadcopter to work as it will take-off from my hand and then it will go for a distance and then it will start following me wherever I go.

I want to use video processing and SLAM for mapping the the entire surroundings.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

@UKHeliBob: Sir, It's not illegal here and I did not understand that why my idea is potentially dangerous. If there is something wrong about this than please describe in details.

If you can do anything to help, you are most welcome.

I did not understand that why my idea is potentially dangerous.

If the program has errors in its logic the motors could start unexpectedly and cause injury to you or others If the program has errors in its logic the motors could stop unexpectedly causing the quad to fall and hurt someone or cause damage to property With no form of external control to take over in the case of a problem the quad could fly away and cause injury or damage. Do you know how to safely charge a Lipo battery and in particular how to prevent overcharging or charging at too high a rate such as might cause a fire ?

I think that you have no idea what is involved in building or flying a multirotor or programming it for autonomous flight.