Question about a project involving the Nano, a HM-10 BLE and a servo.

Hi!

I need to make a project that involves a nano, a servo , a battery/battery pack and a bluetooth module. In theory I need to be able to:

1. Power the nano through VIN.
  2. Connect the bluetooth module to the nano
  3. Power the servo through a battery/battery pack and control it via bluetooth.
  4. Everything has to be done without a breadboard. Is this doable?

Items i need to use:
Board - Arduino nano (Google says its a Arduino Nano v3 ch340 without the header pins. I attached an image below of what mine looks like)
A servo - unknown as of now
Bluetooth module - HM-10 BLE
Battery pack - unknown as of now (it needs to be running on 2x 16500 ceil batteries.)

Sorry if this post is a mess. I will try to answer any questions you might have to the best of my ability.

Thanks in advance.

Why is Vin powering needed?
What will power the Bluetooth device?
Using a breadboard for the initial tries would be more practical than soldering.

Bluetooth module - HM-10 BLE

Why do you want to use BLE instead of Classic Bluetooth with an HC-05?

Railroader:
Why is Vin powering needed?
What will power the Bluetooth device?
Using a breadboard for the initial tries would be more practical than soldering

1. I was asked to power it without the use of a usb cable nor dc adapter.
  2. As far as I understand the nano should power it. (if there are better ways do let me know. Thanks)
  3. I dont have a breadboard at hand at the moment but i'll try to get my hands on one.
    Hope this helps.

cattledog:
Why do you want to use BLE instead of Classic Bluetooth with an HC-05?

I have to get Bluetooth working with an IPhone. I looked up the HC-05 compatability with IOS and as far as I could tell IOS devices won't even detect it. So the next best thing was BLE.

I have to get Bluetooth working with an IPhone. I looked up the HC-05 compatability with IOS and as far as I could tell IOS devices won’t even detect it. So the next best thing was BLE.

I live in an Android world, and have no experience with the iphone and the HM-10 but I have never had success with my HM-10 and an android phone which has BLE. You may want to do some research on newer and better BLE modules to use with the nano.

Instead of a nano and a module, you may want to consider a board with built in BLE. There is a Nano 33 BLE. The Adafruit feather line has several BLE boards and they are well adapted for battery use. There is also BLE on an ESP32 development board.

amnesiaest:

1. I was asked to power it without the use of a usb cable nor dc adapter.

This is a not preferable way to go. Power will be lost in the internal Vcc converter.

1. As far as I understand the nano should power it. (if there are better ways do let me know. Thanks)

Read the specifications for the internal convert, how much current it cal deliver and how much current the BT stuff needs.

1. I dont have a breadboard at hand at the moment but i'll try to get my hands on one.

No problem, if You can do soldering.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.