Question about Arduino UNO supply

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a vacuum cleaner project, which can be triggered wireless through GSM shield module.

Main components that I'm using are:

• Arduino UNO
  • Two DC geared motors. (draws 0.1A each)
  • One micro Servo. (draws approx. 0.2A)
  • One turbine fan. (draws 0.1A)
  • One GSM shield. (draws 2A for transmitting burst)

For the power supply, I'm using a 5V 2A power bank.

So, is the supply sufficient? Because I've heard that the USB cable can only draw 0.5A at max.

Current Progress

When I was just testing for the robot part (without GSM module), everything is working & fine.

However, when I assembled it with the GSM module, the servo is not responding after a signal is received, but the DC motors are moving.

Hence, I don't think that there's any problem with my wireless triggering code.

Is it caused by the insufficient power supply ? As I was planning to use a more powerful supply such as LiPo battery.

Thanks guys ~ appreciate for your help.

You may have to decouple the devices, perhaps using a separate power supply at least for the hungry GSM shield, or some big capacitors on every external device, to suppress glitches on the power lines.

The power cable arrangement alone may make a difference. Every external device should be connected directly to common GND and VCC terminals (star topology, no daisy-chain), by sufficiently thick wires, with the GND terminal located directly at the Arduino.

Anything less than 7V isn't recommended.