Question about bootloading

hello,
i have a simple question (it might be dumb but better ask than have a possibility of problems later)
i am looking to bootload an atmega to put it in the uno board which has a missing atmega, well i try the bootloading process before for a standalone using an arduino uno and it went well
now i would like to bootload an atmega for the uno but using a duemilanove would that be possible or it might cause a problem if i will plug the atmega328 in an uno board and use it with the uno ?

thanks in advance and happy new year to all :slight_smile:

So long as you find a working ArduinoISP sketch for the Duemilanove it should be possible - just remember
to select the board type as Uno when writing the bootloader (but not when uploading the ArduinoISP sketch).

IIRC you can write a Duemilanova bootloader and the chip will run on an Uno - the old bootloader
has a slower timeout though.

Season's greetings too!

MarkT:
So long as you find a working ArduinoISP sketch for the Duemilanove it should be possible - just remember
to select the board type as Uno when writing the bootloader (but not when uploading the ArduinoISP sketch).

IIRC you can write a Duemilanova bootloader and the chip will run on an Uno - the old bootloader
has a slower timeout though.

Season's greetings too!

thank you for your reply, this will be good guidance :slight_smile: