Question about outputs and sleep mode

I’m planning on using an external timer (low power) with the ProMini to provide an interrupt and bring
the ProMini out of sleep mode after an extended period. The question I have is about the outputs of the ProMini while it’s in sleep-mode (full-sleep) since one digital output is used to reset the external counter after the wake-up call. Do the outputs stay in the same state as when the ProMini goes to sleep or do they go to a high impedance mode? The latter or an unexpected high could cause an unintended reset which would keep the timer from timing out and the system from waking up. While I'm on this subject, what happens to the analog outputs during sleep-mode? I assume the PWM circuits are shut down, so what state do the analog outputs assume in sleep-mode?
Thanks.

The outputs remain in the same state in sleep mode. In particular, outputs will continue to drive loads and can thus lead to high current consumption in sleep modes. See this excellent tutorial and of course, the processor data sheet.

Note that there are no "analog outputs", but in some modes timers remain active and could in principle drive PWM outputs.

jremington:
The outputs remain in the same state in sleep mode. In particular, outputs will continue to drive loads and can thus lead to high current consumption in sleep modes. See this excellent tutorial and of course, the processor data sheet.

Note that there are no "analog outputs", but in some modes timers remain active and could in principle drive PWM outputs.

Thanks for that link jremington. Great low power link.

I realize there are no "analog" outputs - just PWM outputs that can be used to simulate an analog voltage. In my project, I won't be using these at all so if I can shut down the PWM that may be another power saving measure.

Thanks again.

Just digitalWrite the PWM outputs high or low, so they are not switching.