Question about posting creating a certain topic.

Hey,

As a fairly new user of the forum (as of today) I've searched the board quite a lot for a correct sub-forum to create a topic in. I would like to show off/share a Xbee API compatible Java with everyone that is interested. This means some info, source code, photos and updates, help if needed. Where would I post it?

In short, a sub-forum to post my project.

iPooo

I guess you are looking for the exhibition/gallery sub-forum

Jantje

Thanks fellow Belgian, although the forum looks more like an exhibition. Is there no other place where people share code, programs etc..? And for example tutorials?

iPot:
Is there no other place where people share code, programs etc..? And for example tutorials?

The problem I am seeing here (correct me if I am wrong, though) - is no mention or connection with the Arduino. If it doesn't have at least some kind of use with the Arduino, it won't fit into any topic here, besides this one (General Discussion) and/or maybe "Bar Sport".

If it is, as you mention, only an "Xbee API compatible (with) Java" - actually, I am not even sure what that means...

Do you actually mean it's an API to communicate with an Xbee, written in Java? If so - then it certainly is more general than the Arduino, I would think.

Unless you have an Arduino project (connected to an XBee), and it acts as a part of the whole system; in that case, it would go into the Exhibition topic - but even there, it would seem that the Arduino portion is only incidental.

iPot:
Thanks fellow Belgian, although the forum looks more like an exhibition. Is there no other place where people share code, programs etc..? And for example tutorials?

There is also the playground (e.g. - Arduino Playground - Statistics -)

cr0sh:
The problem I am seeing here (correct me if I am wrong, though) - is no mention or connection with the Arduino. If it doesn’t have at least some kind of use with the Arduino, it won’t fit into any topic here, besides this one (General Discussion) and/or maybe “Bar Sport”.

If it is, as you mention, only an “Xbee API compatible (with) Java” - actually, I am not even sure what that means…

Do you actually mean it’s an API to communicate with an Xbee, written in Java? If so - then it certainly is more general than the Arduino, I would think.

Unless you have an Arduino project (connected to an XBee), and it acts as a part of the whole system; in that case, it would go into the Exhibition topic - but even there, it would seem that the Arduino portion is only incidental.

You are right though. I just feel like sharing the code/program. I’m pretty sure alot of Arduino users are looking for some good examples to interface their XBees with a computer to control their Arduinos.

I’ll also look into Playground thanks.