Question about the usb input.

I want to use the usb input on an arduino uno and hook it up to a xbox controller for an project. The issue is i do not know the name for the usb input in code. Does anyone know what its called? thanks in advance

Which arduino?

The Uno cannot act as a USB host, which is what I believe you need, without extra hardware such as a USB Host shield. Have you got such hardware ?

(kinda what I was trying to hint)

(kinda what I was trying to hint)

I realised that but I am not sure that the OP would

Of course, there may even be a "USBduino" available with an integrated USB Host shield out there somewhere.

Yeah on second thought that was too cryptic