Question concerning multiple step motors

I'm completing a project that utilizes four step motors. My set up consists of separate power to each motor driver board with step motors and wondering if it's possible to let these run simultaneously.

wondering if it's possible to let these run simultaneously.

Nothing in the universe happens simultaneously. What you CAN do is have the motors stepping at the same time. No two steps start or end at the same time, but the few (hundred) nanoseconds between one motor starting to step and the next are not going to be noticeable.

The MultiStepper library bears looking at.

bonkyou:
I’m completing a project that utilizes four step motors. My set up consists of separate power to each motor driver board with step motors and wondering if it’s possible to let these run simultaneously.

What stepper motor drivers are you using?

Simultaneous is not as clear as you may think. Do you want all the motors to start and finish at the same time even though they move different numbers of steps (like in a 3D printer); OR is it sufficient for them all to start at the same time but finish at different times - this latter is much simpler.

And is it essential to use acceleration for the motors - the Multistepper library does not use acceleration.

…R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code
Simple acceleration code.

Which Arduino? Anything else connected like buttons or lights or displays? An UNO may not have enough pins.

If the power supply is sufficient then nothing stops you stepping all the motors together or individually.