Question concerning PWM resolution for motor control

I'm guessing this problem has been addressed before, but I can't find it specifically. I'm looking for a way to increase the resolution of my PWM out for motor control. I need high resolution between 5 and 10% duty cycle and I don't care about anything outside of that. 8-bit is not precise enough. According to this thread, I should be able to get 16-bit on Timer 1, which would be more than enough, but I need more than one PWM so I need a better solution than that. The final signal needs to be at 50Hz. Is there an easy way I could run at 500Hz and drop nine out of every ten pulses? I could use a counter/timer to do that, but is there a way to do that with just code? Is there completely different solution I don't know about? Thanks

Use the Servo library

I need high resolution between 5 and 10% duty cycle and I don't care about anything outside of that. 8-bit is not precise enough.

If 256 steps are not enough, I have a feeling that you'll need some sort of speed measurement & feedback system to insure that your actual speed is locked-into your target speed.

The final signal needs to be at 50Hz.

Normally PWM is used to "replace" DC on a DC motor (or LED), and the frequency is not that important.

The final signal needs to be at 50Hz.

and

5 and 10% duty cycle

screams "ESC" to me.