I don't know much about Torque and load. N and such.
I'm working on a project that will require a stepper motor. It needs to be able to run at *75rpm or *150rpm, and rotate a load of about 100-150lbs. The load is on a chain and many sprockets, as such ( I figure) much of the weight will be carried on the shafts. Shafts and sprockets weight about 75lbs. So we're looking at around 200lbs I figure?
I'd rather use a stepper as I think it'll be easier and provide better control.
- How do I calculate/figure out the force needs for my project?
- Is a stepper better for this?
- What steppers could work? *75rpm & *150rpm.
- What is a good control board for this?
- If not viable, what are some other options I should look into?
Thank you for your help!
::Edit:: It is important I can tell where the motor is at all times, as other parts need to sync with the motor. ::Edit:: *::Edit:: Did my math wrong orginally::Edit::