keep running into this issue

avr-g++   ".\obj\test.cpp" -o .\obj\test.cpp.o
.\obj\test.cpp:1:21: fatal error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory
#include <Arduino.h>
                    ^
compilation terminated.
abuild.bat: *** ERROR: cannot compile ".\obj\test.cpp" using command:
abuild.bat: *** ERROR: avr-g++   ".\obj\test.cpp" -o .\obj\test.cpp.o

I am attempting to compile using an old command line .bat file, which can be found here. Any help is appreciated in trying to fix this (considering the last amendment to the code was 2012), or if you could point me in the direction of a newer form of this that would be great.

(I understand the IDE will do the job but I’m trying to do this from a VB.NET form)

I understand the IDE will do the job

You've verified that, right?

but I'm trying to do this from a VB.NET form)

Ugh. That's got to be the worst possible way. But, whatever...

.\obj\test.cpp:1:21: fatal error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory

Where are you telling the compiler to look for this header file? Is it really there? The compiler says no, and the compiler is almost never wrong.

PaulS:
You've verified that, right?

I have verified my program through the IDE which compiles and uploads fine.

PaulS:
Ugh. That's got to be the worst possible way. But, whatever...

I understand this isn't the optimal way of doing things, and if I could use the IDE itself I would, but in this particular scenario I can't which is why I'm resorting to using a VB.NET program that runs the bat files which call on the processes of avr-g++, avrdude etc.
Attitude is not required.

PaulS:
Where are you telling the compiler to look for this header file? Is it really there? The compiler says no, and the compiler is almost never wrong.

I agree the compiler is correct almost 100% of the time, but only if the compiler itself is correct. This is where my uncertainty lies. Like I said in the original post, if you have any ideas as to where I can find a better command line based compiler then I'd be glad to hear it.