questions about voltage regulator, how many and what capacitors ?

hello guys,
i have this schematic of shift registers (attachment file), i need to know please which option of these 3 is the best to do for voltage regulator, because i will be feeding the circuit with a 12V lead acid battery 3A, so i must regulate the voltage to 5V for shift registers:
1- 1 voltage regulator that will be feeding all the 6 registers
2- 1 voltage regulator for every 2 shift registers
3- 1 voltage regulator for every shift register

so which option of the 3 is the best and i need please to know what are the capacitors that i should use for the voltage regulator and how ? (if a schematic is provided that will be great)

so which option of the 3 is the best

Number 1

i need please to know what are the capacitors that i should use for the voltage regulator

It depends on the specific number and manufacturer of the voltage regulator. If you look in the data sheet for the one you have it will tell you.

this is the datasheet in the attachment file, it says i should use 0.33uF on the input and 0.1uF on the output so is there any other option for the input because i dont have now the 0.33uF and it's hard to get for a while ?

and about the option number, it can take it without any problems ?

Voltage Regulator.pdf (267 KB)

firashelou:
it says i should use 0.33uF on the input and 0.1uF on the output so is there any other option for the input because i dont have now the 0.33uF...?

Three 0.1uF capacitors in parallel = 0.3uF = close enough.

this is the datasheet in the attachment file

Where?

it says i should use 0.33uF on the input

That is normally a minimum, use any value greater than this.

i am sorry i just added it
ok thanks guys i will see which option will be the best, greater or the parallel

1 uF capacitor will be fine ? or it's too much ?

firashelou:

No that will be fine.

Grumpy_Mike:

firashelou:

No that will be fine.

ok i will consider this, but i put 4 capacitors of 0.1uF in parallel so i must get 0.4uF i guess should be good to go isnt it ?

i guess should be good to go isnt it ?

Yes. :slight_smile:

Grumpy_Mike:

i guess should be good to go isnt it ?

Yes. :slight_smile:

ok great thnx Grumpy Mike :smiley: