Questions on half h-bridges for driving linear motor

In another thread I was working on setting up 3 phase control of a linear motor (.35A @ 6V) using a Mega and some transistors. The idea is that this would behave like a very slow BLDC motor.
I think that the forum helped me get a diagram that is close to workable. Thanks for all the help.
On that thread I got a suggestion from user westfw to consider using a chip with half h-bridges, like the l293d, to simplify the component set.
I read the data sheet and have some questions. Is this list accurate?

• if 1,2EN is high and 1A is high, 1Y will be Vcc_2
  • if 1,2EN is high and 1A is low, 1Y will be ground
  • if 1,2EN is high and 2A is high, 2Y will be Vcc_2
  • if 1,2EN is high and 2A is low, 2Y will be ground
  • if 1,2EN is low, 1Y and 2Y are high impedance

I do need to have each phase of the motor be high, low and disconnected at various points in the cycle.
I am thinking of applying a digital signal to the motor in to determine polarity, and a PWM to the various enable pins to turn the power on or off to the phase.
Does that make sense?
Using my limited knowledge of these chips, here is what I came up with. Please critique.
LinearMotorControl_l293d_3.png

Have you tried making the circuit in https://circuits.io/ there's L293D's, arduino's , DC and phase motors you can use on there.

Though I don't see any with 3 wires as input I'm sure there's a way to see if your circuit works.

I have ordered l293d chips to try this with.
On my previous thread using transistors, someone pointed out that without base resistors, I was going to let the smoke out.
Is there any need for anything like that in this go with the l293d's?