Quick fix for operate on a distans

I am making a system that will detect movement. The thing is that i need to implement an indicator (a 12V strobe) that will be placed 150 meter (about 500 feet away) open air. I am using an Arduino uno (next to the sensor) connected to a 12V relay. What would be the easies way to solve this? I do not think that 150 meter cable will be physically possible even if that would be the easiest way (can I use some amplifier?). If i need to use a wireless modul it needs to be something that I can get hold on very fast (like within a week) and simple to implement. Living in Stockholm, Sweden.

Any ideas are welcome!

I am also looking for a similar system.

What power do you have at the strobe end? Are you able to power a receiver and strobe?

What is needed is a basic single channel on/off Tx/Rx. But where from???

Tx/Rx systems I have seen that have any range over 50mtr are data systems so would need decoding at the Rx.

Weedpharma

I assume the strobe is not going to be stobing at RF frequency. The simplest solution would be an opto issolator at the strobe end. You could then feed this using one pair of wires from the arduino. It would still need a suitable resistor. Driving a transistor from the opto issolator would be simple. If the strobe needs a bit of wellie, you could simply add a relay.

OP has said that wires are not the preferred option.

Weedpharma

weedpharma: OP has said that wires are not the preferred option.

No he said

Raun: I do not think that 150 meter cable will be physically possible even if that would be the easiest way .. Any ideas are welcome!

So I'm telling him it IS physically possible. And it's just an idea. Possibly even welcome.

It is welcome! Thank you. I will try to read more about it. To save some time, would you like to explain more how it works or how I should configure it? Do you know any good instruction online?

EDIT: Are you thinking of just the fact that I´m connecting 5v-logic to 12V? The problem is the 500 feet wiring. Will the Opto-Isolated help with that? Isn´t that just for protecting the arduino?

I have been looking a bit about optic communication. Any one have any experiences about that? I guess I need another Arduino in the strobe end. How much would 150 m optic wire cost?

Come one guys, I can´t be the only one having problem controlling something far away... right?

ah And another thing. It needs to be reliable.