Quick Introduction

Hello everyone!

I didn't see a place to put new member introductions so I though general might be appropriate. Please let me know if I need to move it.

Anyway, a tid bit about myself and experience with Arduino;

My name is James, I'm currently a PBX and Network engineer by day, specializing in Cisco and Vertical pbx and networking. A combination of design, implementation and support. I do some light programming and scripting when need be. While I like my job I'm one of those people that feels I kind of missed my calling somewhere along the lines. My passion reside in electronics, as such my hobbies and my little startup business all revolve around electronics (more specifically amplifiers).

I stumbled on some videos of arduino about a year ago and immediately bought one to start playing with. Sadly the new business has had to come first so spare time has been in short supply, until yesterday when I got a chance to start playing with it and building a relay controller that I've wanted for the longest time.

Needless to say I picked up the language quickly as well as the hardware integration. I really look forward to working some some liked minded individuals who share a similar passion as well as being able to extend my personal experiences and knowledge to other members who may be getting started.

If you'd like to check out my other thread for my relay project, feel free to here: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=333883.0

thanks everyone and have an awesome 4th!

James Carver