Quick PCBA service

I want to produce a couple of PCBs (including Assembly service) - however the fab house I submitted my current order with requires about a month lead time on this.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a company that can manufacture and assemble PCBs in a shorter period of time? Cost is not really an issue here - I want to go through a few iterations of PCB, and once I have my final design down I will submit a large-quantity order with a cheap producer.

I recently listened to an interview on the Amp Hour with someone from this place:

I have no clue whether their prices or quality are any good but I liked their ideas behind automating the ordering process as much as possible. So don't take that as an endorsement but just a suggestion to have a look. The quoted times sound pretty nice. They're in the US so maybe it wouldn't be so attractive to people in other countries who have to wait longer and pay more for international shipping.

Cost may not be a consideration, but component availability may be. Have you stepped through your BOM and sourced the components in some reasonable quantity? We find common components such as SMT bypass capacitors are often not in stock at the regular distributors.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Cost may not be a consideration, but component availability may be. Have you stepped through your BOM and sourced the components in some reasonable quantity? We find common components such as SMT bypass capacitors are often not in stock at the regular distributors.

Paul

For most of my components I searched through Digikey, and made sure they at least had a few thousand of it in stock - so they're not rarity items that would implicate large-quantity orders in the future.

So I don't think availability is an issue - just that my current fab house doesn't have a whole lot themselves, so they have to buy the products from other vendors first which obviously adds a lot of time.

My general manger has discovered that sometimes the inventory disappears while he is ordering!!!!

And other times he has ordered when o inventory shows and the stuff is available for next day shipment.

Paul

Try Itead

Hi,
If they are in prototype stage, can you assemble them yourself?

Tom… :slight_smile: