Quizz...

AWOL: Idiot.

Good bye to everybody. My place is not in a forum where global moderators use to insult people.

RIN67630: Yes, nothing. That algorithm is a pure graphical presentation technique, it has nothing, but absolutely nothing to do with a sine generation.

So how come I've used it to generate time-linear helices in 3D CNC position control?

RIN67630: By the way: my example is [u]definitively much faster[/u]: i had only two lines of code to type :P

Yes, faster for the programmer, but is it faster for the maintainer? When you look at this code 6 months from now and exclaim "What idiot wrote this?" Then you will know what is faster.

AWOL: Idiot.

Quite true. "Hey everybody, smell this bulldust while I step backwards smugly!" is not a good way to endear yourself.

RIN67630: Did that answer the question?

By the way: my example is [u]definitively much faster[/u]: i had only two lines of code to type :P

Faster to write. Slow to run. The more it's used, the less efficient it becomes.

MarkT: So how come I've used it to generate time-linear helices in 3D CNC position control?

Oh damn. I'm going to have to see what makes it tick after all... some day. It does remind me of finite series, which I last used over 20 years ago.

But if/when I do, I won't be using floats!

RIN67630: Good bye to everybody. My place is not in a forum where global moderators use to insult people.

Oh come on, get over it!

Really I hope you're bigger than that, otherwise how do you deal with compilers?